Wednesday, August 30, 2006

plea

An earnest request; an appeal.

Don't question my motives for writing this entry. I don't love Paris Hilton. Hello - I'm die-hard Lindsay Lohan, of course. And Paris is definitely not part of Lindsay's camp.

So if you've made it this far, you probably know about Paris Hilton's album. "Paris", as predicted, did not do so hot in sales. 75,000 copies have been sold in the U.S.A. and her record company is not expecting half as many sales in this coming week.

I find this to be an absolute tragedy. Again, not because I am a Paris Hilton aficionado, but because a comparable celebrity (an equally-untalented singer who similarly rose to fame thanks to a famous last name) - Ashlee Simpson - sold 4 million copies of her first album and 2 million of her second. If you bought "Autobiography" or "I Am Me", you have no excuse to not buy "Paris." It's clear that vocal talent does not matter to you. You've got the audacity to walk out of the store with an Ashlee Simpson CD, Paris Hilton should be no big problem.

Plus, I think the songs on her album are kinda catchy. (Don't shoot!) But then again, I still swear by Nelly, so who can trust my musical taste?

I got to tell you though, my friends have recorded a new single and uploaded it onto their site on purevolume, and it's fantastic. It's been in my head all day. Especially this part:

"You were born on the Hudson River
with a blunt in your mouth
cheap liquor in your liver"

Check it out. It kicks both Paris's and Ashlee's asses. By the way, did you see that TMZ video of Tara Reid being denied entrance into Hyde? It's great. Tara stands there trying to argue her way in while Paris waltzes by and walks right into the club.

No comments: